The Institute of Education and Social Studies offers free socio-legal assistance in the following areas:
- solutions to social and other study-related problems,
- regulations in social matters, social security, and health insurance,
- conditions of the individual forms of employment, OHS,
- family relationships, foster care, interpersonal communication,
- the competences of relevant municipalities with extended powers, counselling in the socio-legal protection of children, legal assistance to victims of domestic violence and legal assistance in administrative, family, and civil law matters, including personal rights,
- assistance to persons in need of help with situations related to sexism, sexual harassment, sexual coercion or violence, xenophobia, racial, national, minority, or gender discrimination, chauvinism, etc.
The counselling centre also provides counselling to students who apply for an exceptional scholarship because of their difficult social situation; the counselling centre prepares an expert opinion – the proposed amount of such a grant is a mandatory basis for the meeting of the Scholarship Committee of the Faculty of Education of Palacký University.
Counselling services are provided to students and employees of the Faculty of Education of Palacký University Olomouc and, in exceptional cases, to other individuals.